DeKalb County Voter Registration and Elections prepares for May 24 Primary Election
DECATUR, GA—DeKalb County voters are encouraged to familiarize themselves with their voting options for the May 24, 2022 primary election.
Here are 10 important reminders:
- Before heading to the polls on Election Day, voters are encouraged to verify their precinct location at www.DeKalbVotes.com. Per SB202, provisional ballots will not be handed out to voters who visit the wrong precinct until after 5 p.m. on Election Day.
- Approximately 75% of DeKalb County voters have been redistricted, so many voters will notice that they are voting in different districts than in years past.
- Please note that all absentee ballots for DeKalb County voters must be received by 7 p.m. on Tuesday, May 24, 2022 in order to be counted.
- Drop boxes are no longer available, and it’s too late to mail a completed absentee ballot. Absentee ballots must be hand-delivered to the DeKalb Voter and Registrations office, located at 4380 Memorial Drive, Suite 300 in Decatur.
- Reminder: If you are a voter with a physical disability or are 75 years of age and older, you do not need to wait in line. Just walk to the entrance and a poll worker will assist you in casting your ballot.
- We encourage voters to familiarize themselves with the changes in voting laws as a result of SB202. Please read our SB202 FAQ: https://www.dekalbcountyga.gov/voter-registration-elections/faqs-and-key-dates
- For voters who plan on voting in-person on Election Day, masks and social distancing are encouraged. All poll workers will be wearing face coverings, and machines/equipment will be sanitized frequently.
- DeKalb County is pleased to offer voter materials in both Spanish and Korean. Click here to view a composite ballot and other materials: www.dekalbcountyga.gov/voter-registration-elections/current-election-information.
- Elections results will be posted on www.DeKalbVotes.com as they are counted.
- For any additional questions or for anyone to experiences a challenge while trying to vote, please call 404-298-4020.
“We’re anticipating a smooth Election Day for voters in DeKalb County,” said Keisha Smith, executive director of DeKalb VRE. “If you haven’t voted yet, please verify your precinct and head out to the polls!”
For more information on DeKalb VRE, visit www.DeKalbVotes.com.